www.towlawyer.com (“TOWLAWYER”) is operated by TowLawyer, LLC, a Kansas limited liability company. TOWLAWYER is not a law firm, and the attorneys and/or employees who appear on, or conduct any activity on behalf of, TOWLAWYER are not acting as your attorney. The general information provided on TOWLAWYER is not, and should not be construed as, legal advice. Furthermore, the documents provided by TOWLAWYER are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
In some jurisdictions, this website may be considered advertising. We have made every effort to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in providing this website.
(1) The use of or subscription to TOWLAWYER website is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship, and merely accessing or subscribing to this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Just because you subscribe to TOWLAWYER does not mean you have retained either Michael McGovern or Nicholas Porto, or any other lawyer or employee who contributes to TOWLAWYER, as your attorney. Furthermore, because laws and regulations vary from state to state, any legal topics discussed ON TOWLAWYER may or may not be applicable to you.
(2) TOWLAWYER is managed by attorneys Michael McGovern and Nicholas Porto. McGovern is licensed to practice law in all Tennessee state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court and many federal appellate and district courts throughout the United States. Porto is licensed to practice in all state courts in Kansas and Missouri, as well as the federal district courts in Kansas and the Western District of Missouri. Being able to access this website in another state or jurisdiction does not constitute the practice of law, nor does the ability to access this website elsewhere constitute a representation that McGovern or Porto are licensed to practice in any jurisdiction other than those noted above. The listing on TOWLAWYER of practice areas of McGovern and Porto does not constitute or imply a representation of certification or specialization.
The attorneys on TOWLAWYER, McGovern and Porto, maintain affiliations with attorneys licensed to practice in almost every state. If a TOWLAWYER subscriber seeks telephone consultation on a matter that requires attorney licensure in a jurisdiction or court other than one in which the consulting TOWLAWYER attorney is licensed to practice, the consulting attorney may, where warranted and at his discretion, and with no assurance or guarantee of competency or results, refer the subscriber to an attorney licensed to practice in the subscriber’s jurisdiction.
In the event you would like to retain the legal services of McGovern and/or Porto, you will become a client of such attorney only if you contact that attorney directly and, after confirmation that there is no conflict of interest, you sign an agreement with the individual attorney setting forth the scope of the engagement, the fee agreements, and other relevant matters. If the subscriber desires to retain the legal services of McGovern and/or Porto in a matter that requires licensure in a jurisdiction or court other than one in which McGovern or Porto is licensed, and McGovern and/or Porto agree to accept the representation, they will associate with a local attorney as may be required by state law or rule.
Do not transmit to TOWLAWYER any unsolicited, confidential information about a new matter in which you seek representation. TOWLAWYER is not a law firm and cannot keep confidential any information you have provided.
(3) This TOWLAWYER website provides an online portal to give visitors a general understanding of the laws specific to the towing industry, as well as to provide documents specific to the towing industry. To that extent TOWLAWYER publishes general information on legal issues commonly encountered in the towing industry. Although TOWLAWYER publishes and disseminates generalized towing-related forms and documents, TOWLAWYER does not warrant that any form or document is valid or enforceable in any specific state nor that a form or document is applicable to any individual towing operation.
TOWLAWYER website and its services are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney.
(4) Although TOWLAWYER website takes every reasonable effort to ensure that the information on our website and documents are up-to-date and legally sufficient, the legal information on this site is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Because the law changes rapidly, is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is also subject to varying interpretations by different courts and certain government and administrative bodies, TOWLAWYER website cannot guarantee that all the information on the site is current. Therefore, if you need specific legal advice for your problem, you should consult an attorney licensed in your state.
(5) TOWLAWYER is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this site or any site linked to this site, whether from errors or omissions in the content of our site or any other linked sites, from the site being down or from any other use of the site. In short, your use of the site is at your own risk.
All material contained in this website is copyrighted by TowLawyer, LCC.