Auto Return 2017-06-03T11:41:33+00:00

Home Forums Tow Rotation Lists/Contracts Auto Return

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #2838 |

Auto Return seems to have rectified some of their previous issues however I still will never understand just what they bring to the table that is not already available locally.

Here in Memphis, United Road Towing tried to get control of the city’s towing and impound several years ago. It was a shady back door deal at best since the City fathers did NOT even try to talk to local towers first about their needs or concerns.

Only after a tower happened upon the “Request for Proposal” on the City website did anything change. Had he not seen that, and additional action taken, URT could have had a no-bid contract to do what AutoReturn does and the 60 plus tow companies in Memphis that tow for the police would be further oppressed.

When a company like AutoReturn or URT (or their current incarnation) come to town, they utilize local resources to do a job that local resources were doing anyway.

In reality, the City losses big. I say that because all the profits are taken OUT of the city instead of re spent locally as they would be if only utilizing local contractors.

I have tried to get some straight answers from URT and the City of Memphis about how that Request for Proposal just happened to come up. Considering there were no other out of town bidders (and only one local bidder which was my company) and neither side is talking, it appears odd to say the least.

Nick Porto

Phillip: I agree.  In my town, many tow companies are upset that the monies being paid to AutoReturn (a Maryland/California company) should rightfully belong to residents of Kansas City.  Why send it half way across the county?!

Russ Jones
    Participant

Heard a rumor that the state of missouri is in negotiations with taking them statewide.  Have no idea whether there is any truth to it

Philip Julian
    Participant

I would find out for sure and rally the troops, call Nick Porto and read what tbey did in PA.

Then OPPOSE this with your last dollar and breath.

But then again, I am in Tennessee.

Nick Porto

AutoReturn is definitely in talks to expand its presence in Missouri.  I can’t seem to get a handle on whether our local association on this side of the state (KC) supports the concept or not.  I’m with Phillip.  Keep the money local.  No reason to ship all of these dollars out of state.  But AR seems to really have embedded itself here.  I think it’s something we will see expand to more and more cities.  As this happens, the industry is going to have learn how to deal with them because it’s a whole new ballgame.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.